Monday, March 16, 2020

Free Subscriptions to Educational Resources


This has already been shared on multiple platforms, but just in case you haven't seen it yet, this is a growing spreadsheet of educational companies that are offering free subscriptions to their programs during school closures.

http://www.amazingeducationalresources.com/


At the top of the spreadsheet, the curators of this list include how to contact them if you know of something that should be added to the list. They are continuously updating it, so bookmark it and check it back often!

This is a great opportunity to look into some of these platforms that you may have been scoping out, but that you didn't want to pay for! If you find that you are really loving a particular program after testing it out over the next couple of months, once all this Coronavirus stuff settles down, you may be able to make a case to your site/district as to why a particular program would be a valuable purchase for your district to make for its teachers.


From those listed above, if I had to pick my top three that I know I would utilize in my ELA classroom, I would choose Peardeck, FlipGrid, & EdPuzzle. 🤓

🍐 PearDeck is awesome because I can make any of my Google Slides presentations interactive to nearly ensure 100% student engagement and participation, and it is a great formative assessment tool to inform instruction.

📹 I also love FlipGrid because of its ability to provide students a voice in the classroom on a fun digital platform that is similar to social media interactions.

🧩 And finally, I so appreciate how Edpuzzle gives students the ability to learn through video at their own pace while allowing me to digitally check-for-understanding. Edpuzzle videos are also great to utilize in a station rotation model at an "independent learning" station.

These three programs also easily integrate with Google Classroom which is another reason why I'm a fan! 👍🏼

For the ELA teachers out there, what are your favorite tools to facilitate learning in your classrooms? Comment below...👇🏼

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Can't believe I found this list. It's really helpful. You might wanna expand your list and add this site here too: https://alldigitalschool.com

    ReplyDelete