Friday, February 21, 2020

Level 1 Google Certified Educator

🎉 Whoo hoo!  I passed!  I am now officially a Level 1 Google Certified Educator! 🎉



I should be getting my official certificate and logos sometime in the next 24-48 hours!!!  I'm so excited!  ðŸ¤©

So, for my teacher friends who are thinking about getting this certification, do it!  If I can do it, you can do it!  As I stated in my previous blog, I made sure to prepare myself by working through the Google For Education Fundamentals Training Course, sought advice from my peers who are certified educators, and watched several helpful YouTube videos on parts of G-Suite that I felt that I was weaker in.  All of it helped to prepare me to be able to pass the 180-minute exam which I felt was easier than the practice questions that were in the training course.  This CUE Presentation from by Jen Rogers & Carrie Sebora was helpful, as well as these tips compiled by John R. Sowash @jrsowash.

The exam is multiple choice and scenario/performance task-based.  It covers the basics of Google Drive, Calendar, Groups, Tasks, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Google Classroom, YouTube.  If you use most of these G-suite products on a daily basis, you should get your Level 1 Certification.  I was able to finish the multiple-choice questions in about 35 minutes.  I spent about 2 hours on the performance tasks. And about 10 minutes reviewing a couple of questions that I had marked for review.  That's pretty much all I can tell you about the exam as I signed an NDA that I would not reveal the specific exam content.

Please reach out to me if you would like to chat more specifically about how you can prepare yourself for the exam.

In the meantime, I'll be prepping for the Level 2 exam which is rumored to be easier than Level 1.  My goal is to take the second Google Certification test in April on my Spring Break.  Anyone else out there preparing for Level 2?  If so, let's chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment